This updated version was developed by PBN and external expert.
Just to summarize, a first version of the paper was prepared in early 2019, summing up the state of the art aspects and conditions relevant for artificial intelligence in the region. Before stakeholders could act on its findings and recommendations, the global pandemic of COVID-19 hit, and its impacts have reshaped in many aspects of our societies and economies.
This report, updated and re-written to reflect on the changes and challenges of the last 2.5 years aims to continue the work of AI perspectives in the Danube Region, taking into account not only the regional specificities but also the lessons we have learnt from the pandemic.
Main elaborated topics:
- Definitions and FAQ in connection with AI
- Policy and strategic background for AI and the Danube Region
- Economy and Innovation in the Danube Region
- AI- related R&D&I in the Danube Region
- Perspectives for AI-supported economic development in the Danube Region
For more, read in the study. Danube_Region_Artificial_Intelligence_2021 December_fv_ with correct layout