The first state of the region report on the Danube Region commissioned by the Ministry of Finance and Economics Baden-Wuerttemberg has compiled a series of results on the prosperity and competitiveness of the Danube Region, Entrepreneurship and SMEs as well as Cooperation and Networks. Examples of the results are:
- The Danube Region’s GDP per capita reaches around two-thirds of the level of the EU-28.
- The Danube Region has a large labour force potential but still a rather low labour productivity.
- The Danube Region has become less attractive for investors over the last couple of years.
- There is a significant level of firm dynamics leading to an increase in the number of firms in most countries.
- Although cooperation potential exists all along the Danube based on already existing structures, participation in cooperation initiatives is very uneven.
The full text of the report is available here.